War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: I healed ze man who vill kill you  (Read 2784 times)

Bambooze

• View Profile
I healed ze man who vill kill you
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:14:59 pm »
Hi. Just passing by, enjoying War3Evo, and abusing Soul Medic as hard as I can. With the occasional crappy sniping, failspying and pybro action.

Will heal for food. Maybe.

lawlzfail

• View Profile
Re: I healed ze man who vill kill you
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »
Hello :) I like medics

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:30:59 am »
welcome

i nerfed soul medic ... let me know if it needs a buff or further nerfing

http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php?topic=379.0

Bambooze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:06:56 am »
I think some skills should just be revised.

In general, I see Soul Medic's purpose as enhancing the medibeam target rather than enhancing himself while staying alive through shared damage. The problem is, a good heavy/solly/demo mows down the entire opposing team in a matter of seconds, and with things as they were pre-nerf it was almost impossible to counter it unless the teams were really unbalanced (or really well organized which is extremely uncommon for pubs). Allow me to review the abilities and metagame flaws (as I see it).

One ability is a passive offensive buff. Increasing damage on its own is a mistake, I think. I'd rather see Soul Medic provide ammo - or, perhaps, have a +ability that replenishes medibeam target's ammo at the cost of Soul Medic's health. It does contribute to overall DPS (higher uptime), but does not turn the game into steamrolling insanity - or become barely noticeable as it is with a 10% version. Could also make engies' life easier by providing metal, further extending Soul Medics' utility.

The passive uber (5 seconds of uber every 15 seconds) was waaay too good. But the main purpose of the ability as I see it was shutting down instakills (backstabs, charged headshots, Undead ultimates) - the problem of that is that it also shuts down any other damage for 5 seconds, and is just as good against sustained damage as it is against burst. I think the optimal solution of that would be limiting maximum damage taken in one hit by the medibeam target. If that's possible, of course.

Damage sharing is fine IMO. Maybe nerf it down to 30%.

The ultimate... well, it's a bit too versatile. As I see it it's supposed to be another survival tool for Soul Medic, but it ends up having additional utility because it is, yet again, an ubercharge. Tanking sentries, ubersaw madness - all because you just happen to be invincible. I think the solution would be taking the HP swap one step further and focusing on it. Remove the uber altogether, reduce the cooldown to 10-15 seconds, and make it just an HP swap. Useful for Soul Medic's survival in high pressure situations, useful for teammates (instant heal to 195 with HP increasing item setups) in low pressure situations.

Perhaps replacing one of the skills with an easily accessible Amputator(esque) effect (or just adding it, some classes have 5 abilities) would be a good idea, since right now Soul Medic is pretty much pigeonholed into being a pocket medic for the MVP powerclass.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:32:48 am by Bambooze »

-W3E- ₪Redux₪

• Just me and my Reindoonicorn.
  • Bonk + Orcish Force Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:56:00 am »
Welcome! Medics are the best!
~Redux~

js

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »
I honestly think soul medic is easy to take out if you know w3e. If you 1 hit the medic with the aforementioned damage sharing then the pocket goes with him.

Brunerth

STEAM_0:1:16442519
    Steam Verified!
  • Sniper
  • VIP
  • :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »
Only backstabs take down both medic and it's pocket. And that's only if the medic's Soul Bound is on cooldown. Maybe a full charged headshot from the Machina would take down both medic and possibly soldier.

Creativity

• Pub Airblaster
  • I do thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:36 pm »
instakills (backstabs, charged headshots, Undead ultimates)
I disagree.
Undead Scourge ults got nerfed a lot. D':

But hai.
And welcome!~
im not here, バカ

HiddenInPlainSight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:49 pm »
Welcome bambooze.  :)