War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: That's It. I'm done.  (Read 5063 times)

Yoshi

STEAM_0:1:67999584
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
That's It. I'm done.
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »
I'm not going on with this. The server has gone down in quality since i first got mod, and me being a mod was the only reason i continued to be on the server. I achieved my goal, I got Admin 25, and now i'm leaving.

Don't be surprised if I remove some of you from my friends list, and if I do, don't try and refriend me.

My reason for leaving? Mod abuse. And i'm not talking about misusing powers, i'm talking about Mods / Admins using their powers for things that they weren't originally intended for. You may be thinking, "aren't you a hypocrite for complaining about Mod abuse when you do it so often?" No. I'm not. I'm not complaining about the strict definition of Mod abuse. I'm complaining about how ever since there's been a crack down on it, and it is honestly my opinion and reasoning of why the server has gone down in quality. Without being able to use my powers for fun, THE WHOLE INTENTION OF VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL, what's the point? Does anybody honestly believe that every single person that applies for mod only does it for the purpose of "I want to do good for the server!" because i think that's bullshit. The call and lust of power is not easily avoided. I can say that personally.

And before I say what i've always wanted to say to everyone I want to say a couple things about certain people.

Jerry: Thanks for being a cool dude and generally a nice guy to everyone no matter how much shit you get in.

Catfish: Thanks for being a major help in multiple server / staff things, as well as a nice guy in general.

Phobos: Thanks for helping me out whenever I had questions about things I wasn't sure of.

Sebby: Thanks for being my mentor, taking me under your wing, guiding me through so much shit, and all around being an awesome Admin, hillarious guy, and a Good friend.

And last but not least;
Dag: Thanks for giving me the chance at learning so much about administration, handling the responsibility of power, and for helping me learn more about myself, to be honest. With all the times that you've told me something that i've never agreed with, or the times you've yelled at me for being a complete dumbass, or any time i've wanted to scream "Fuck you!" right in your face, you've always been right about the things you've said. Thanks for everything, Mate.

All that being said, there's a very small chance that I will ever play on the server again. that chance may increase based on how the tide flows. I might remain on the discord server, and I will lurk on the forums, commenting my shitposts from time to time.

I'd be willing to put money on that I will not renew mod when, or after my time runs out.

And now, what I've always wanted to say to everyone.
Thank you all for the wonderful 2 years of my life that you all have had a hand in forging. I really will miss you all. Goodbye.

~Wolfie.

Spoon

STEAM_0:0:100298241
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
Re: That's It. I'm done.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:35:55 pm »
Goodbye Wolfie, I never really got a chance to know you well but I wish the best of luck.
I hope that maybe everything will be fixed someday; and I want to say I'm sorry for not doing better.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:40:09 pm by Spoon »
Breathe, make time stand still.

PlantyIsGay

STEAM_0:1:83588035
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • This Game is Rigged
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:40:17 pm »
Wolfie dont lie to use u always come back.

But srsly Cya. Its been fun 2 years hasn't it but i can understand what u mean. I respect you decision but come and visit sometimes
#PlantLivesMatter

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:19 pm »
ill see you on the other side you magnificent man

and may the private discord servers be with you

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:45 pm »
Jerry: Thanks for being a cool dude and generally a nice guy to everyone no matter how much shit you get in.

thanks famsquad, ima miss bustin out that /staffchat when its time to flex with you
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Philippians 4:6 NLT

Sebby

STEAM_0:1:68829156
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
  • Making Hell's my trophy wife since 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 07:38:58 pm »
Good bye my dingus.

FUCKING DUEESJRRIPRORJWOWGHRIGIFBEIS

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 07:42:27 pm »
Goodbye Wolfie, I never really got a chance to know you well but I wish the best of luck.
I hope that maybe everything will be fixed someday; and I want to say I'm sorry for not doing better.
There is no person to be blamed for anything. I barely knew you, so there's no reason to say that you're sorry
Wolfie dont lie to use u always come back.

But srsly Cya. Its been fun 2 years hasn't it but i can understand what u mean. I respect you decision but come and visit sometimes
Not this time mate.
ill see you on the other side you magnificent man

and may the private discord servers be with you
Geez not the discord servers xd

thanks famsquad, ima miss bustin out that /staffchat when its time to flex with you
"Why'd you use staffchat! you're throwing away our disguise!"
Good bye my dingus.
Cya round kiddo :)

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • cohost of the 『Podcast Crusaders』
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:10 pm »
bye wolfman, i'll miss the homophobic slurs and that one time that talk time cut you off before you called me a really bad word

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:45:45 pm »
+1
bye wolfman, i'll miss the homophobic slurs and that one time that talk time cut you off before you called me a really bad word
oh yea, good times

b00ty

STEAM_0:1:50648182
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »
Heck now everyone's leaving : ^ (

Gbye you heckler

✘ Fancy Feast

STEAM_0:1:24057972
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 10:27:14 pm »
+1
Does anybody honestly believe that every single person that applies for mod only does it for the purpose of "I want to do good for the server!" because i think that's bullshit. The call and lust of power is not easily avoided. I can say that personally.

This thread seems a little silly to me.
I think everyone that applies for mod should do it for that purpose. If there are already thoughts about abusing powers especially for someone that just applied for Mod that's a cause for concern IMO.

Mods have full and complete authority to police the server as they see fit and you demand respect just holding the title of Mod, isn't that enough?

Indeed the call and lust of power is not easily avoided, but still... It's something that should be avoided yes?

I think you are just burnt out in general and having fun with your admin powers was one of the few things keeping you around. You could argue that it's a win win situation for the server if you have fun doing your thing but trust me. From another point of view just being a regular JB player that doesn't use mic a lot it can be very annoying when admins want the servers attention centered around them.
Strangers are friends you haven't met yet. Barney the Dinosaur

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • cohost of the 『Podcast Crusaders』
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:05:50 pm »
Does anybody honestly believe that every single person that applies for mod only does it for the purpose of "I want to do good for the server!" because i think that's bullshit. The call and lust of power is not easily avoided. I can say that personally.
From another point of view just being a regular JB player that doesn't use mic a lot it can be very annoying when admins want the servers attention centered around them.
YES.

the whole concept of mods abusing their powers for shits and giggles is that mods enjoy it bc of the attention they get. for example; sebby or catfish gets on, and uses /smash on one of their friends for laughs and then respawns them. the whole server sees this, and the general reaction is "wow me next me next" which in turn earns popularity points for the admin in question and, say if theyre in the warden vote, makes them more likely to become warden which takes away that chance from other potential mod applicants who need that warden experience to be favoured in a mod app.

(this is just a random example btw, but stuff like this has been happening especially with the senior mod ability /bring)

Denzel Crocker

STEAM_0:0:92489102
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • (insert rambling about fairies here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:45 pm »
i agree, like wholeheartedly. yes my main reason for applying for mod back in february/march in the first place was to help this server out, but do you really think ANY person would apply for mod ONLY to do good for the server? of course they're gonna wanna have fun with their commands. sebby and catfish necrosmashing players who want isn't the only example of mods using their commands for laughs that i've seen, i've seen mods gag/mute/kick other players (usually with their consent) and mods to get a laugh, usually adding funny reasons for the gag/mute/kick (like "is bad" or "called me ugly", just to name a couple examples). and yes i know a line has to be drawn somewhere with how much mods use their commands for fun and that mods should NEVER use their commands only to be funny and get a laugh, but i honestly think it's fine if a mod/admin occasionally uses their commands for silly reasons to get a good laugh, as long as they still spend the majority of their time actually moderating the server. i'm not using this to defend the whole /gag @all incident i did a week and a half ago, i mean that was all curiousity issues and not to be funny/get a laugh, but that actually brings me to my next point, the lust for power. like i doubt there's any mod who came in knowing which commands to use and not use, i'm sure most mods and admins have been curious with their new powers and wanted to test them out, especially when they level up. bottom line i think dag needs to be more lenient and let the mods SOMETIMES have fun with each other and the other players on w3e jailbreak, as they long as they don't mind

really sorry to hear you go wolfie, i'll miss you if i ever choose to return to playing w3e jailbreak regularly again in the future
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:15:40 pm by Denzel Crocker »

blarpbarp

STEAM_0:1:63507835
    Steam Verified!
  • When in doubt, it's the Grineer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 11:18:52 pm »
thanks a lot for being a cool guy yourself wolfie.
What the heck should I be putting in my Signature box?

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 07:12:02 am »
i'll keep my comment short so as to not derail the good bye thread (maybe even if there's a little 'fuck you' tucked inside of it)

no, it's not okay to sometimes abuse the commands or abuse the commands a little - and it hasn't been for quite some time. if you want to be mod on the server for attention, to use your commands for the lulz, then this is the wrong server to be staff on

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 08:31:17 am »
From another point of view just being a regular JB player that doesn't use mic a lot it can be very annoying when admins want the servers attention centered around them.
YES.

the whole concept of mods abusing their powers for shits and giggles is that mods enjoy it bc of the attention they get. for example; sebby or catfish gets on, and uses /smash on one of their friends for laughs and then respawns them. the whole server sees this, and the general reaction is "wow me next me next" which in turn earns popularity points for the admin in question and, say if theyre in the warden vote, makes them more likely to become warden which takes away that chance from other potential mod applicants who need that warden experience to be favoured in a mod app.

I cant speak for all admins or mods, as everyone has different opinions, but let me at least defend myself.

I honestly agree. Some mods or admins do that for the reasons youve explained. But i personally never cared what the community thought of me. I used my powers on friends because i know we would have fun as friends. Yea, we spoke over voice chat so everyone could hear us, but i dont remember using my commands for fun on a single pwrson that wasnt my friend. (Other then mods that i found annoying). But let me explain why i put " i can say that personally"

When i applied for mod, i was in middle school, 7th grade. Tf2 was my favorite game, and i wanted to do more then just play it. I wanted to be something, like an admin for a huge server. The reason i wanted to do it? I wanted to have power somewhere. I was bullied in school. Bullied a lot by a lot of people. I had about 5 friends, and only one of them is still my friend to this day, but thats nit the point. I had no power in school because i was bullied for being fat. I wanted power somewhere else, like the virtual world, since i had none in the real world. I said this once, and ill say it again. The call and lust of power is not easily avoided. I was mod for the wrong reasons. I didnt want to help, i wanted power.

So i guess the secret's out.

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 08:34:02 am »
i'll keep my comment short so as to not derail the good bye thread (maybe even if there's a little 'fuck you' tucked inside of it)

no, it's not okay to sometimes abuse the commands or abuse the commands a little - and it hasn't been for quite some time. if you want to be mod on the server for attention, to use your commands for the lulz, then this is the wrong server to be staff on
As i said in the post, ill say it again.

Youre right.

It was wrong of me to abuse my powers, and so im leaving for doing wrong. Repenting for my sins by exiling myself, i guess. Thanks again for the chance of mod, Dag.

Spoon

STEAM_0:0:100298241
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:57 am »
I have to post on this thread again, even if I'm dragging the forum out...

I would of hardly known that you ever got bullied Wolfie, you just seem like the person that wouldn't get picked on like that? How were you not afraid that if you were a mod or admin everyone would judge you so much more? I tend to get anxious feeling that I'm being watched all the time. Regardless, thank you for spending time on the server.

https://img00.deviantart.net/c4bd/i/2017/263/b/6/untitled_by_khspoon2000-dbnzzsz.jpg?1
I drew a little thing, because it's what I do.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:42:55 am by Spoon »
Breathe, make time stand still.

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 10:46:30 am »
I have to post on this thread again, even if I'm dragging the forum out...

I would of hardly known that you ever got bullied Wolfie, you just seem like the person that wouldn't get picked on like that? How were you not afraid that if you were a mod or admin everyone would judge you so much more? I tend to get anxious feeling that I'm being watched all the time. Regardless, thank you for spending time on the server.

https://img00.deviantart.net/c4bd/i/2017/263/b/6/untitled_by_khspoon2000-dbnzzsz.jpg?1
I drew a little thing, because it's what I do.

I act much differently irl then under the name Wolfie/Mir. and if you met Matthew instead of Mir, then you would probably have different opinions on me. I tend to keep my super personal life inside a close circle of friends, so don't be offended if I say that I just don't want to talk about it.

Thanks for the drawing, it looks super neat :)

Natsuru-San

STEAM_0:1:102052587
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »
bye wolfie ;~;
Hoi <3

lumi

STEAM_0:1:59834695
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • former cool kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 05:49:21 pm »
As probably the biggest abuser before it was cool (maybe behind sebby) it definitely stems from boredom. If you dont find the server fun anymore but want to hang out with some mod boyes you start having fun again you abuse. Its fun to you so who cares about anyone else! Its fine every now and then if it doesnt affect other players, sometimes thats not the case though. Particularly mod/admin message. Its a great way to meme and doesnt affect anyone right? Wrong, the messages lose a bit of their authority when they are associated with memes.

(PS: Dont unfriend me on steam)

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:06 pm »

(PS: Dont unfriend me on steam)
Im in discord with you, even if i unfriend you you could just yell at me to friend u back

-W3E- Im Chuck

STEAM_0:0:189937086
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Im not very smart but... OK, that is all i got
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 12:04:20 am »
Damnit wolfie right when i start to know you you leave still had a lot of fun though wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Yoshi

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 10:07:49 am »
Damnit wolfie right when i start to know you you leave still had a lot of fun though wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Cya kid

Woof

STEAM_0:1:156005508
    Steam Verified!
  • Thanks For Calling Milo's Phone Company, I'm Milo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 04:41:44 pm »
woof's ghost: cya wolfie

-W3E- Tetiel

STEAM_0:0:91306284
    Steam Verified!
  • ttl.exe has stopped working. i wonder why
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 09:09:30 pm »
I'm really gonna miss you Wolfie. Now denzel doesn't have a husband ;-;

-W3E- Krabby Patty

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 09:57:02 pm »
*crying*  goodbye wolfie well remember you

-W3E- Krabby Patty

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:42 pm »
*we will  dangit y do i always mispell that i did like that 1 time to where on jb minecraft while we were playing 9squafre you did a story with wolfie but its been nice having you around stay safe my friend!

No.

STEAM_0:0:127395016
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 10:55:15 am »
Damn. You're leaving and I'm still a disappointment to you  :-[
That wasn't very country roads of you.