War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: [need more info][HIGH][JB]Bad Fishies/Server Drop:server is dropping  (Read 1094 times)

bravetoast

STEAM_0:1:32623815
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Was playing on minecraft this afternoon when a player hypsin chose the Bad Fishies LR and everything was setting up like usual but then the server dropped everyones connection

Upon reconnecting, tuffbob joined and we blamed it on his big banana

Few rounds later hypsin got LR again and tried again with Bad Fishies and the same thing happened, everyone got dropped

Maybe its gods way of saying that bad fishies is shiat  :3 but yeah needs fix

(posted this in mod lounge first, moved it to the proper section)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:30:01 pm by Dagothur »

Yoshi

STEAM_0:1:67999584
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Fishies/Server Drop
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
This is interesting, Mass connection drops whenever bad fishies sets up. It might have something to do with the recent update messing with the way Dag had the setup done, but I guess only Dag could find that out.

But this is fairly interesting. Does it happen on all maps, or just on minecraft? Because i recently played bad fishies on another map (possibly HopJB, but I don't remember) and nothing happened.

again, this is interesting.

bravetoast

STEAM_0:1:32623815
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 04:10:26 pm »
As far as i know just minecraft because it was during the night rotation. i tried going red to test out if it happened when another person chose bad fishies too but i suck so i never got to try lol.

at one point, hypsin got lr again and chose war day and it almost dropped me. so when it continued back to war day, i asked if anyone else almost got dropped and hypsin said he almost did too, so i'm not sure if its an individual issue or not because no one else responded that time; it may have just been a connectivity problem for me that time, im not sure.

i'll keep an eye out later today

Alpacaception

STEAM_0:0:90671239
    Steam Verified!
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 05:47:13 am »
This is interesting, Mass connection drops whenever bad fishies sets up. It might have something to do with the recent update messing with the way Dag had the setup done, but I guess only Dag could find that out.

But this is fairly interesting. Does it happen on all maps, or just on minecraft? Because i recently played bad fishies on another map (possibly HopJB, but I don't remember) and nothing happened.

again, this is interesting.

This is not to do with the new update it has happened under the same circumstances before

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
Re: [High][JB]Bad Fishies/Server Drop:server is dropping
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »
issue might not be occurring any more and if it is it's definitely intermittent. need more info:

1) timestamps of drops
2) determination of whether it's a server crash or connection drop: http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/topic,19691.0.html