War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: How I feel? =(  (Read 374 times)

✪Chewie✪ | -W3E-ツ

STEAM_0:0:178701365
    Steam Verified!
  • TIO is a bad boi and Salty uses aimbot! =)
    • View Profile
How I feel? =(
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:05:26 pm »
So.....a lot of people in this community are depressed. Technically I'm depressed too, so I would include myself with the crowd. But I'm not severely depressed to the point of suicide. I know some of my friends who at one time were depressed too. Especially to anyone who is in there "Teen" Years and will most likely experience something like this. I just wanted to get this out of the way to anyone who is also "depressed" in some way and to get any help you can get. My BEST friend a couple of days ago almost committed suicide due to some complications in his life. I was just happy he didn't do any nonsense like this since I talked him out of it. I'm just trying to get this out of the way and tell anyone who feels depressed, get any help you can get. Doesn't matter if it's your parents or siblings, or even your friends, just GET HELP. As well in servers, don't joke about being depressed or saying "I'm gonna kill myself" when you feel it's a joke. A lot of people don't like things like this to be a joke since it affects many....many lives. I know this is a weird topic but I don't like when my friends feel depressed as well as having a lot of new friends that I've made in this community feel like this too. I know I'm not the most popular or known person in this community, but some words do make an impact.

Thank you for your time if you're reading this!!!
-Chewie =)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:07:47 pm by ✪Chew!e✪ »

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: How I feel? =(
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:21:01 am »
I personally dont understand depression like most people here do, the worst thing ive been through is figuring out i was disabled and being slightly down about it but thats it lol. But committing suicide because youre going through some bad things at one point in your life is a waste imo insert the whole "you have so much to live for" here

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • tfw gen 2 electrode cant learn thunderbolt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:39:20 am »
my time in therapy and hospitalization taught me that there actually a few types of depression.

1. Major. this is typically when someone loses a family member or other very traumatic event or series of events in a shortish amount of time (think anywhere from few weeks to a few months). this is what i had, and this is the group that doesnt usually contemplate suicide, for lack of a better word, "seriously" obvs it still happens but it isnt nearly as common as the other group. the reason being bc its such a brief-ish period of time where the person feels the way they do

2. Minor is the type that people typically think of. this is the "why bother getting out of bed today" and the "i dont really need to eat anything" etc. Its called minor but dont let that detract from it. Its only referred to as minor since it isnt as evident or sporadic as compared to major. and this is the enduring one. where major is typically there and gone (or recurring, but that starts to fall more into bipolar disorders), minor is constant. minor is years of melancholy and sadness. this is the group that usually commits because they have been fighting for sometimes literal years or even a majority of their lives and they are tired.

obvs if u or anyone wants to talk, there are so many of us in this group willing to, some of us with firsthand experience. I wont put words in others mouths, but if all you want to do is talk, there will be a multitude of people who will listen.

As well in servers, don't joke about being depressed or saying "I'm gonna kill myself" when you feel it's a joke. A lot of people don't like things like this to be a joke since it affects many....many lives.

hell ye. personally as a staff member i warn and menumessage people who tell others to "kys" or what have you, and i urge others to do as well

ok ill get off my soapbox now ty for listening

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Romans 8: 1-2 NLT

Spoon

STEAM_0:0:100298241
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Don't be such a Neighsayer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:11:20 pm »
Damn, Jerry did really good with explaining.

The truth of the matter is that mosy everyone is depressed in some form or another, some more severe than others. People sometimes flock to the internet to shrug off life for awhile or try to make things happier for them(that's what I do, at least) I suffer from depression, and what fuels it is my mental trauma/state. Basically what I mean is that I self-deprecate on myself very serverely that it tears down my mental health. In one way or another, I always have those negative thoughts in my head that was said to me or done to me. Overall, I guess all of us suffer from a form of depression, it's very difficult to get away from it seems... Hang in there dude, we're all in this together. Proud of you for hanging in there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:13:53 pm by Spoon »
Dagothur is a fatass