War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: SUGGESTION: update forum rules  (Read 171 times)

Provoktion

STEAM_0:0:218743889
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
SUGGESTION: update forum rules
« on: June 08, 2018, 03:26:23 pm »
So, these are the forum rules at the moment

Alright, we don't really have any forum rules, so here are some quick guidelines:

1) Be respectful to other people
2) Low quality forum posts, aka shitposts, should be kept in the Trashbin (http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/board,88.0.html)
3) Low quality shouts, aka shitshouts, should be kept in the shoutbox titled Shitbox (you wont be able to see this one until you have at least 10 posts on the forums)

That's about it for now
However, Dag and others have said necroposting is against rules, despite it not being listed
I think we should update the forum rules so people aren't surprised when they are warned for necro
440_screenshots_20170521015049_1.jpg

W A T C H Y O U R P R O F A N I T Y , M Y P O K I N G M A N

HeyMyNameIsMatt

STEAM_0:1:67999584
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Efficiency is just clever laziness.
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION: update forum rules
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:45:44 pm »
it's a case of common sense

We have a thread just for shitposting: Trashbin. So it's logical to expect that shitposting outside of Trashbin would be frowned upon / not allowed.

There is a thread that hasn't been replied to in months or it is not relevent anymore. Maybe you shouldn't post on it because there is no need to.

Think of necroing as shitposting. The only shitposting allowed is in Trashbin. The only Necroing allowed is in Trashbin.
Shot like a rocket, up into the sky.
Nothing can stop me tonight.

You make me feel invincible,
Earthquake, powerful!
Just like a tidal wave,
You make me brave!
You're my titanium!
Fight song raising up,
Like the roar of victory in a stadium!

Feel invincible!

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 03:50:49 pm »

We have a thread just for shitposting: Trashbin. So it's logical to expect that shitposting outside of Trashbin would be frowned upon / not allowed.

There is a thread that hasn't been replied to in months or it is not relevent anymore. Maybe you shouldn't post on it because there is no need to.

Think of necroing as shitposting. The only shitposting allowed is in Trashbin. The only Necroing allowed is in Trashbin.
i know there won't be need to post in an irrelavent thread, but why would it be against rules?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:53:44 pm by Provoktion »

HeyMyNameIsMatt

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 03:58:51 pm »

i know there won't be need to post in an irrelavent thread, but why would it be against rules?
you answered your own question

Earthquake, powerful!
Just like a tidal wave,
You make me brave!
You're my titanium!
Fight song raising up,

Feel invincible!

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »

no i didn't?

HeyMyNameIsMatt

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »

i know there won't be need to post in an irrelavent thread but why would it be against rules?
no i didn't?

Earthquake, powerful!
Just like a tidal wave,
You make me brave!
You're my titanium!
Fight song raising up,

Feel invincible!

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 04:09:50 pm »

i know there won't be need to post in an irrelavent thread but why would it be against rules?
no i didn't?
i don't see why that would be a bannable offence
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:43:49 pm by Provoktion »

Bamboo

STEAM_0:0:90982754
    Steam Verified!
  • s u r e !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:07 pm »

no i didn't?
you replied to a year old post like it was a day old, you dont need to post anything, and bringing back a post dead is just no. Like someone arguing about a mod, and it was a year ago. If you post on that you might make more drama and more shits

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:39 pm »

no i didn't?
you replied to a year old post like it was a day old, you dont need to post anything, and bringing back a post dead is just no. Like someone arguing about a mod, and it was a year ago. If you post on that you might make more drama and more shits
I can see the part about arguing with a mod, but you could just lock that post, and i still don't see it with other posts

Anyways let's bring this to the original purpose of this topic: we should update the forum rules

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Rainbow Rocket is cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 11:02:12 pm »

no i didn't?
I can see the part about arguing with a mod, but you could just lock that post, and i still don't see it with other posts

Anyways let's bring this to the original purpose of this topic: we should update the forum rules

theres a post from some time ago that also suggested locking threads after a long ass time, but was decided against doing that since it gives a negative impression it would leave on ppl logging onto to site for the first time
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 1:9 NLT

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 12:51:56 pm »

no i didn't?

theres a post from some time ago that also suggested locking threads after a long ass time, but was decided against doing that since it gives a negative impression it would leave on ppl logging onto to site for the first time
i don't 100% see the logic but i'm not going to argue

Tom

STEAM_0:1:124322371
    Steam Verified!
  • Hey, feel free to pass me a message~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 01:53:33 pm »
Kay, there will always be idiots who need rules written out. aka: myself at times.

So even if common sense is a thing people should follow not everyone gets fed the same commen sense we do, all differs from person to person.
adding a couple rules to the forums isn't a bad idea nor should it take that much effort.. I hope.

That's my opinion, now I'm done
How about you try and be positive today?
Not up to it? Well that's fine, although I was hoping we could have some fun...
Tommorow I suppose :)

Provoktion

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 04:26:35 am »
dAG HaS now added a 4th rule, yay!

TheSheriff5211

STEAM_0:1:184344201
    Steam Verified!
  • Add me on steam if you need any help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 05:30:29 pm »
well this was a little bit dum.
W3E player. Add me on steam if you wanna play or if you need help. Wheater it is with warden command or rules in general :).