War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Any opinion on the Thermal Thruster in Jailbreak?  (Read 223 times)

『Sebby』

STEAM_0:1:68829156
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Making Hell's my trophy wife since 2015
    • View Profile
Any opinion on the Thermal Thruster in Jailbreak?
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:58:30 pm »
As of now, the thermal thruster are available to blues. However, It seems that blue pyros use them to ram into reds. This causes freehits as well as knockback that can be potentially dangerous( I.e Knockback in an active minigame such as wipeout, boxgame, minefield, etc.). While staff can warn and respawn people killed. It seems like an issue that could be avoided by removing it.

FUCKING DUEESJRRIPRORJWOWGHRIGIFBEIS

『Coin』

STEAM_0:1:197891657
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
Re: Any opinion on the Thermal Thruster in Jailbreak?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
As of now, the thermal thruster are available to blues. However, It seems that blue pyros use them to ram into reds. This causes freehits as well as knockback that can be potentially dangerous( I.e Knockback in an active minigame such as wipeout, boxgame, minefield, etc.). While staff can warn and respawn people killed. It seems like an issue that could be avoided by removing it.
But i cant fly without it ;-;

Bamboo

STEAM_0:0:90982754
    Steam Verified!
  • s u r e !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:09:06 pm »
But i cant fly without it ;-;
no one cares, i agree with sebby, i would like it gone as well

Clairnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:27:41 pm »
+3 its just like right click airblast its really annoying

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 12:15:16 am »
I don't see anyone use it tho

Clairnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 12:25:17 am »
I've seen a couple of people of blues mass airblast reds to their own malicious intent its quite annoying and if airblast is patched why isn't this?

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 12:29:36 am »
I think the air blast was patched like a long time ago. And since this came out with the jungle inferno, I think dag hasn't had the time to patch it

Clairnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 12:37:06 am »
i meant this is a source of airblasting

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 12:41:00 am »
Maybe it's for it's own weapon and it's not apply for all type of airblasting

drangia!

STEAM_0:0:239135698
    Steam Verified!
  • Actually, a set of all sets DOES contain itself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 04:04:25 am »
I'm gonna have to agree with Sebby on this. There have been way too much situations where blues would intentionally or accidently ram / fall on reds and cause MFH and kill people. The thermal thruster isn't even used for much.
Robots FTW

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:09:22 am »
I'm gonna have to agree with Sebby on this. There have been way too much situations where blues would intentionally or accidently ram / fall on reds and cause MFH and kill people. The thermal thruster isn't even used for much.
Can I ask something? How could it meh if it only air blast people

drangia!

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 06:15:20 am »
Can I ask something? How could it meh if it only air blast people
When you land near or at people it causes some damage and air blasts them
Robots FTW

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 06:56:03 am »
Thanks for info

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 06:56:40 am »
I do have to agree with the part about the mini game tho.

zoink

STEAM_0:0:156981707
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 06:20:10 pm »
Personally, I don't mind knock back. I don't think airblast should've been removed. Yes it can cause mass knock back but so can rockets and stickies. If someone mass freehits by airblasting or jetback knockback, they should just be warned or team banned. The end.

『Sebby』

STEAM_0:1:68829156
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Making Hell's my trophy wife since 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »
Personally, I don't mind knock back. I don't think airblast should've been removed. Yes it can cause mass knock back but so can rockets and stickies. If someone mass freehits by airblasting or jetback knockback, they should just be warned or team banned. The end.

Its not easy as it seems. Although hitting them does cause some damage. Sometimes it leaves no damage and when there are multiple pyros with thermal thrusters, it gets a bit confusing who did it.

FUCKING DUEESJRRIPRORJWOWGHRIGIFBEIS

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 10:04:05 pm »

Its not easy as it seems. Although hitting them does cause some damage. Sometimes it leaves no damage and when there are multiple pyros with thermal thrusters, it gets a bit confusing who did it.
I've never seen a team with more than 2 pyro

zoink

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 12:06:25 am »

Not only is what coin is saying is true, but even if there were multiple pyros with jetpacks, the only reason that they would be jetpacking towards or near a group of reds is because they're either stupid (incomp) or have bad intentions in general. i feel it would till be easy to point them out from the rest. as in terms of the airblast, i also feel this won't be a problem at all if it's moderated correctly. it's not like it's a broken mechanic

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 12:31:20 pm »

Not only is what coin is saying is true, but even if there were multiple pyros with jetpacks, the only reason that they would be jetpacking towards or near a group of reds is because they're either stupid (incomp) or have bad intentions in general. i feel it would till be easy to point them out from the rest. as in terms of the airblast, i also feel this won't be a problem at all if it's moderated correctly. it's not like it's a broken mechanic
What zoink say was true but if the team had multiple pyro most of them would have the shot gun. Even if they is jetpacking at reds it would just be a few damage and the warden can continue with the round

HeyMyNameIsMatt

STEAM_0:1:67999584
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Efficiency is just clever laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 01:52:23 pm »

If these people who are either incomp or have bad intentions would just abuse the jetpack, would it not be right to get rid of it and not have to deal with the problem?

I highly agree with sebbs, the jetpack is exactly like the base jumper. It isnt needed and all it seems to do is cause problems. The game flowed perfectly fine before the jetpack existed. It honestly isnt needed
"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they dont want anybody else to feel like that." - Robin Williams (1951 - 2014)

zoink

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 08:59:51 pm »

If these people who are either incomp or have bad intentions would just abuse the jetpack, would it not be right to get rid of it and not have to deal with the problem?

I highly agree with sebbs, the jetpack is exactly like the base jumper. It isnt needed and all it seems to do is cause problems. The game flowed perfectly fine before the jetpack existed. It honestly isnt needed

well, i can understand your argument when it comes to the jetpack. though i think this line of reasoning doesn't apply to airblast. the airblast is exremely useful and can make the pyro a bit more compitent in this gamemode. idk though i can imagine a bunch of horrid scenarios w/ airblast being a thing. WOuld it be worth it?

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 09:13:40 pm »

well, i can understand your argument when it comes to the jetpack. though i think this line of reasoning doesn't apply to airblast. the airblast is exremely useful and can make the pyro a bit more compitent in this gamemode. idk though i can imagine a bunch of horrid scenarios w/ airblast being a thing. WOuld it be worth it?
Would what be worth it?

zoink

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
would airblast be worth it. thinking about making a completely new topic about it. have to think about it more though

Clairnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 01:56:55 am »
No, airblast was removed for quite a large reason ''nothing but trouble''

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 02:10:57 am »
How was air blast an trouble?

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • tfw gen 2 electrode cant learn thunderbolt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:09 am »

Red Team: *standing on red line minding they own damn business*
Pyro: *right clicks*
Red Team: "OMG OMG OYRO WHAYDT ARE U DOIJG OMG HELP WHATS HSLPENIGB AAAH"
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Romans 8: 1-2 NLT

『Coin』

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 09:46:29 am »

When I was on and a blue pyro does that, no one said a thing since it's not that big of a deal

drangia!

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 09:48:58 am »

When I was on and a blue pyro does that, no one said a thing since it's not that big of a deal
It kind of is a problem and blues should not do that. It disrupts / delays the round and is annoying.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:50:34 am by drangia! »
Robots FTW

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • tfw gen 2 electrode cant learn thunderbolt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:27 am »

I call bullshit no blue did that bc its banned lol
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Romans 8: 1-2 NLT

IndiesNeedBooze

STEAM_0:1:952903
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 04:38:27 pm »
i kinda like the way the thermal thruster is now even though frog fucking freekilled me with it one time by jumping on my head with it but could there be a way that dag could just entirely remove the bouncing back of it? that way both sides get what they want, kids can still fly, without the trouble of a mass freehit or just knocking people out in wipeout