Author Topic: Pyro's  (Read 178 times)

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Pyro's
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:39 am »
Im sure most people will see my opinion as biased since i dont like pyro's, but i have valid reason for this. certain players have popularised a play style that involves airblasting and hitting the hale with a melee or shooting him with a flare gun which they repeat as often as they can only to flare jump away once they reach low ammo or they cant keep up with the hale's strafes or if he gets close with a super jump followed by a weighdown. pretty much, pyro's are invincible with no chance of the hale every being able to kill said pyro unless a teammate messes up the positioning of the hale for the pyro or if the hale rages. I was wondering if certain things could be done to prevent this, lets say for example slower weapon switch times (for all classes to keep it fair i guess) to prevent easy escapes or easy airblast flare gun/melee combo's or for example having airblasted blocked after say 3 seconds after every use. These are all examples obviously and you probably think im overexadurating and that i should just stop whining. ive played this gamemode for like what? 7 years now total? ive never seen something as overpowered as this where you become literally invincible and the hale is hopeless against anything, there's no skill or move that you could do to fake out these pyromains with good reflexes and knowledge of the layout of the maps and health/ammo packs. they've been torturing newer and older players for 2+ years now and caused even staff to ragequit (almost all staff are very old veterans and know everything about these specific vsh servers) and we cant do anything about it, they essentially bypass the "no delaying" rule since they are in fact doing damage, but can only be killed if they themselves mess up a tiny bit which very few players could in fact take advantage of.

please nerf pyro

Auxi

STEAM_0:0:47735211
    Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pyro's
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 11:11:02 am »
You're right, for real this mechanics is pretty hard to counter, a good hale can do it but after long try (putting pression and forcing the pyro to make an error etc...).
The thing is , the new players, if they have to fight a pyro doing this, they will for sure lose, a friend who was playing with me was totally annoyed by it, if he stayed on the server it was only because i was here (i think :x ).

So yes a nerf would be cool, but about the all class nerf to equal the thing, it's not a good idea, since the mechanics (airblast and shot / hit with melee) is only for the pyro :x

So for me, we need a nerf, the ideal is to just put the new airblast (but it would create new problem, like the bugged superjump that just push you more in the direction where you have been airblasted)

The other is, slowing the switch, or just not allowing this or only for exceptional players (the veteran one who could defeat a pyro using the mechanics)

That's all for now, i'll keep trying to found better options,

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 11:24:09 am »
Weighdown negating all knockback and being able to activate it quicker at 0.5 - 1.5 seconds of being airborne
*cough* thanks dag *cough*

If weighdown doesnt negate all knockback then it'd be simply useless because the pyro in question could airblast the hale once or twice with minimal amount of knockback while walking backwards and then quickly flare jump away like usual

you could also make flare jumps equal to detonator jumps, because right now you fly as high as a soldier with mantreads which means you can jump across both maps with 2 - 3 jumps

this way they cant simply jump from red spawn to containers with 1 jump and simply grab ammo that way. but i'd prefer this more as a separate nerf lol i hate pyros in vsh both when they're on my team or when they're on the opposite team

Kirbbbb

STEAM_0:0:72325882
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • when life gives u lemons, make orange juice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:24:19 pm »
i feel like this pyro strat thats being done is done using the flaregun. without it, the strat would be unusable.
my suggestions are
A) we can reduce the fire rate of the flare gun, so the person using it can use only every like 3-5 seconds
B) another suggestion is we reduce the distance you can jump using it.
C) we can buff other flareguns to do different things to drag players away from using the flaregun, such as making the scorch shot do more knockback, but you cant jump using it.

these would all prevent the pyro from being able to get away quickly and would make it so that the hale could much more easily super jump to kill the pyro when he tries to make his escape, but the pyro ( if skilled enough) can also get away. This is believe would be less of a "super nerf" but would be a strong balance, since we can all agree that the pyro can basically do whatever he wants.

Moustache Cat

STEAM_0:0:94413330
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:25:40 am »
You all just bad lmao xd

Chumi

STEAM_0:1:195136948
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • no u