War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: A bug(?) with the new Trailgun  (Read 293 times)

idiaz5211

STEAM_0:0:150904371
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
A bug(?) with the new Trailgun
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:33:32 pm »
+2
The new trailgun that Dag added today, much like other projectiles(sandman) can move the soccer ball and the bowling balls. Unlike other projectiles, the new trailgun can knock down pins in bowling. This can be easily abused to knock down more pins then people truly got when they used the bowling ball. Blues can sabotage bowling with it and reds can cheat bowling with it. Im not sure what Dag can do to fix this(or if he even can), but Im posting this early before others catch on and abuse it.

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: A bug(?) with the new Trailgun
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »
shouldnt this be under Suggestions & Bugs?

http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/board,102.0.html

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:28:56 pm »
i looked at preventing this behavior but couldn't get it working... so we will have to look at potentially moving its access over to perma VIP only and then policing abusers (e.g. removing their VIP if they're intentionally disruptive)

Provoktion

STEAM_0:0:218743889
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • a pony thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:32:19 pm »
i looked at preventing this behavior but couldn't get it working... so we will have to look at potentially moving its access over to perma VIP only and then policing abusers (e.g. removing their VIP if they're intentionally disruptive)
that sounds reasonable
im gonna have to eat ur ears with a side of ur legs
I was no spam the laungs

drangia!

STEAM_0:0:239135698
    Steam Verified!
  • Know as drangia/Alex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:54 am »
Maybe make it have no collisions?
We should play Jailbreak some day :P

-W3E- Im Chuck

STEAM_0:0:189937086
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Im not very smart but... OK, that is all i got
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:40 pm »
it should be treated somewhat to how the regular ball is except it making the person kos when they throw it at a blue, if they use it to cheat a minigame it still makes them kos.
This is how I look at it and think of how to properly include the command into the game.

Haranu

STEAM_0:1:35422374
    Steam Verified!
  • I like to collect nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 06:54:03 pm »
it should be treated somewhat to how the regular ball is except it making the person kos when they throw it at a blue, if they use it to cheat a minigame it still makes them kos.
This is how I look at it and think of how to properly include the command into the game.
That wouldn't be fun to be using it and a blu kills you because its within 500 feet of them.
I would like mashed potatoes for dinner.

-W3E- Im Chuck

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 07:43:17 pm »
That wouldn't be fun to be using it and a blu kills you because its within 500 feet of them.
thats why i said its not kos in that way but if you use it to cheat a game then you are. The same way if you use a sandman ball to cheat bowling yours kos but with the trailgun your not kos for shooting it at or near a blue.

drangia!

Steam Verified!
  • Know as drangia/Alex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:23:08 am »
it should be treated somewhat to how the regular ball is except it making the person kos when they throw it at a blue
What???

-W3E- Im Chuck

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 03:47:53 am »
it should be treated somewhat to how the regular ball is except it making the person kos when they throw it at a blue
What???
the trailgun can not make someone kos if they throw it at a blue ir near them but may make them kos if the use it to cheat like in bowling hitting a pin same thing goes for the sandman ball if you hit a pin with it you are cheating.

drangia!

Steam Verified!
  • Know as drangia/Alex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:08 am »
What you said is really confusing me, maybe I'm not getting something but it would be nice if you would be able to specify it a bit better, it got confusing at the "It should be treated as a normal ball making reds KOS if they throw it at blues."

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 07:43:58 am »
+1
why does chuck make it sound like he just single handedly came up with the rule and is trying to force people to acknowledge it?

but in any case, what i think chuck means is treat it like the sandman or wrap assassin, if its used to attack blues they should be kos, if they cheat in minigames by using it to hit the soccer ball or bowling pins they should also be kos.

i have some issues with this, first of not everyone would be able to notice this being misused, by that i mean mainly newer players or those who dont know who has access to the trailgun and its being fired from a big crowd. and second
wasnt this just decided by dag? why bother coming up with a set of rules that would only result in the person being killed on the spot, especially if they are intentionally abusing it.

-W3E- Im Chuck

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 12:11:50 pm »
why does chuck make it sound like he just single handedly came up with the rule and is trying to force people to acknowledge it?

but in any case, what i think chuck means is treat it like the sandman or wrap assassin, if its used to attack blues they should be kos, if they cheat in minigames by using it to hit the soccer ball or bowling pins they should also be kos.

i have some issues with this, first of not everyone would be able to notice this being misused, by that i mean mainly newer players or those who dont know who has access to the trailgun and its being fired from a big crowd. and second

idk how this is so hard to understand dag told me that it does not make them kos when they throw it at or near a blue but hasn't told me anything else so I assume it would still comply with the cheating rule like a sandman ball would example: If a red threw a sandman ball at a bowling pin they aren't allowed to do that so therefore they aren't allowed to do it with the trailgun.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:16:12 pm by -W3E- Im Chuck »

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 01:37:31 pm »
I haven't been on what the fuck even is this trailgun
Therefore,as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Galatians 6:10 NIV

-W3E- Im Chuck

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »
I haven't been on what the fuck even is this trailgun
its basically a new projectile dag put in when you press c then 4 it shoots a prop with a trail following it you can customize it and its not used for anything lol