War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Favoritism games.  (Read 126 times)

drangia!

STEAM_0:0:239135698
    Steam Verified!
  • Know as drangia/Alex
    • View Profile
Favoritism games.
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »
This has been talked over before, but I felt like I should make a post about it, so here it is.

I think there should be a rule for games such as Glod, Diner, Bar, and every other favoritism game that uses /wpollblues to make it that you can only play those games with 3 blues.
I honestly do think that this would prevent favoritsm from happening. I have seen a lot of people play favoritism games with only 2 blues and they can just both vote yes and on the other guy they can just vote no and so on. I honestly feel as this is pretty unfair for the reds.

We should play Jailbreak some day :P

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Ruby
    • View Profile
Re: Favoritism games.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:04:59 pm »
This has been talked over before, but I felt like I should make a post about it, so here it is.

I think there should be a rule for games such as Glod, Diner, Bar, and every other favoritism game that uses /wpollblues to make it that you can only play those games with 3 blues.
I honestly do think that this would prevent favoritsm from happening. I have seen a lot of people play favoritism games with only 2 blues and they can just both vote yes and on the other guy they can just vote no and so on. I honestly feel as this is pretty unfair for the reds.

i get what ur saying and to a lesser extent i agree with you, my only issue is that "banning" the minigame severely limits what warden can run to finish the round. While a more knowledgable person would find creative ways of mixing things up, I would bet that not everyone would. The result would multiple rounds of cycling jep, frlr, 4 corners etc. which would get very boring very quick.

ye it sucks that sometimes 3-man glod is run, and i personally try to avoid it, but sometimes "it just gotta be like that u know"
Therefore,as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Galatians 6:10 NIV

HeyMyNameIsMatt

STEAM_0:1:67999584
    Steam Verified!
  • Not sure about anything? Just follow my lead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:12:07 pm »
Tbh this is already one of the hundreds of unspoken rules. I used to ask wardens if they really think games like this with only 2 blues is a smart idea, and the few that thought it was fine got wbanned for incompetence.
some people can't face the world.
It doesn't mean they're weak.
They're just scared.

Haranu

STEAM_0:1:35422374
    Steam Verified!
  • I like to collect nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:25:52 pm »
Tbh this is already one of the hundreds of unspoken rules. I used to ask wardens if they really think games like this with only 2 blues is a smart idea, and the few that thought it was fine got wbanned for incompetence.
wait so you passive aggressively asked them if it was a smart idea without explaining yourself?
I would like mashed potatoes for dinner.

HeyMyNameIsMatt

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:30 pm »
wait so you passive aggressively asked them if it was a smart idea without explaining yourself?
Where did you get that from?

Forgot i cant assume things anymore. Listen, i asked fhdm a question. They gave an answer. Both ways i would explain why i thought so. If they still kept with theyre response, i would wban respectively.
They're just scared.

Haranu

STEAM_0:1:35422374
    Steam Verified!
  • I like to collect nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 12:26:09 am »

Forgot i cant assume things anymore. Listen, i asked fhdm a question. They gave an answer. Both ways i would explain why i thought so. If they still kept with theyre response, i would wban respectively.
I thought you were just saying that's bad idea and insta banning if they went ahead. My bad.
I would like mashed potatoes for dinner.

HeyMyNameIsMatt

Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 12:50:39 am »

I thought you were just saying that's bad idea and insta banning if they went ahead. My bad.
No worries, maybe i should just let my old modding methods die out with my staff timer
They're just scared.

drangia!

STEAM_0:0:239135698
    Steam Verified!
  • Know as drangia/Alex
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 04:50:16 am »

i get what ur saying and to a lesser extent i agree with you, my only issue is that "banning" the minigame severely limits what warden can run to finish the round. While a more knowledgable person would find creative ways of mixing things up, I would bet that not everyone would. The result would multiple rounds of cycling jep, frlr, 4 corners etc. which would get very boring very quick.

ye it sucks that sometimes 3-man glod is run, and i personally try to avoid it, but sometimes "it just gotta be like that u know"
Yeah I understand you, that's probably the main problem I thought of when I was writing this post.
We should play Jailbreak some day :P