War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Will be gone Until i fix my PC...  (Read 705 times)

Reisen

STEAM_0:1:68517111
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
Will be gone Until i fix my PC...
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:04:19 am »
seeing that Jailbreak is essentially an Audio based game-type, my computer thought it would be a nice time to suddenly freak out and bug/glitch out. I've told a few of you already, but to everyone else, My pc Wont play Any sound from a few programs on steam. as of right now, these programs are: Tf2, Vrchat, and SCP: Secret laboratory. im not sure why i hear no audio from the last 2 games, but no audio configuration in tf2 seems to make the audio hearable at all. i've tried other Valve games as well - Portal 1&2, half life 1&2 and L4D 1&2 all play normally and have their audio in tact.. in case if your wondering, upon startup of tf2 (or any other program with this problem..) Loud static Buzz starts going whenever there should be audio in the game.

I've Tried uninstalling, messing with console, or any other trick, but to no avail... my last resort is to Wipe my laptop clean, and do a restart trick that'll wipe everything off my laptop, but i hope it doesn't have to come to that...

I have also recently noticed that These 3 games start playing their audio normally whenever i have headphones on, without any buzz.... very strange. i hope its not the fact that my laptop is damaged or something... i don't wanna have to take it to geek squad..

so with this in mind, I obviously wont be able to play Tf2 or most of my games for a while  unless i see this problem fixed. because of this, i will not know when i am back. hopefully my re-appearance on the server will be an indicator that i have found the solution. until then, i wont be able to come on the server due to being deaf ingame. If anyone thinks they know how to solve or help a problem like this, please let me know on this forum or on steam. i'll keep an eye out for any messages.  ;)

『Coin』

STEAM_0:1:197891657
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • -rep
    • View Profile
Re: Will be gone Until i fix my PC...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:27:06 am »
It’s real sad to see a heavy main gone 😢

Provoktion

STEAM_0:0:218743889
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • playing [CONTENT DELETED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:33:11 am »
you'll probably have to take it to someone that knows more or something
im gonna have to eat ur ears with a side of ur legs
I was no spam the laungs

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Black 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 11:46:12 am »
Idk if it will do anything, but have u tried updating some drivers? Search for device manager in windows and go to the sound thing/headphones/whatever it is and see if u can update them, or roll them back a driver
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.

1 Peter 4:10 NLT

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:45:14 pm »
what operating system / verison of windows are you using -> do you know how to check your volume mixer?

do you know how to get to your sound devices? here you can right click the various devices to "Test" them and set them as default... i recommend experimenting both while tf2 is open and with changing settings around before launching tf2

-W3E- Im Chuck

STEAM_0:0:189937086
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not very smart but... OK, that is all i got
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 03:30:59 pm »
i will miss you Reisen I hope you get your pc fixed I finally found out how to say your name and you will be gone :c

Reisen

STEAM_0:1:68517111
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 09:36:09 pm »
what operating system / verison of windows are you using -> do you know how to check your volume mixer?

do you know how to get to your sound devices? here you can right click the various devices to "Test" them and set them as default... i recommend experimenting both while tf2 is open and with changing settings around before launching tf2

yes, i know how to check  and change default sound devices, and tested them as well. they seem to work fine, though i have not tested it when tf2 is running, so i will give it a go.

I am also running the latest Windows version.

Idk if it will do anything, but have u tried updating some drivers? Search for device manager in windows and go to the sound thing/headphones/whatever it is and see if u can update them, or roll them back a driver

i have checked just now, though they say they are all up to date.