War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: My Whereabouts...  (Read 656 times)

Reisen

STEAM_0:1:68517111
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
My Whereabouts...
« on: October 28, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »
So I just left abruptly after just saying that I had a laptop problem AND saying that I had fixed it.. so I know some of you are wondering where I went, and its once again about my laptop:

This was no longer a sound issue, but an FPS issue. TF2 is by far the smoothest game my laptop can run with no hassle. That j
However became false as I started experiencing some random fps drops every now and then, and at a fixed time too; After every 5 minutes, my Fps would ALWAYS go from a smooth 60 to a rocky 40-45. For a Gamers republic laptop, this was unacceptable. This became more evident in other games,  where as games like Tales of beseria came to a crawl of a shocking 10 fps; completely unplayable at that point. This was not right; and I didnt believe it for one second  when I found that after many 2 hour scans, kapersky, an anti- virus program, found nothing. This was the last straw for me, and I had enough at this point. I tried to initiate a full PC sweep, and reset everything back to as if I had just got the pc. However, whenever the reset reached 20-25%, the computer would give me the blue screen saying; "error, all files have been restored."

How the hell does something cancel a friggen factory reset?! I had deducted 2 things from that point on; 1) there must have been a hidden Malware or virus that's hiding within my computer, and 2) kapersky anti-virus software is fucking shit,  dont buy that software to ever guard your laptop/pc.

After those discoveries, I had also found out that my laptop is still under its 1-year warranty. So I went to geek squad at the nearest best buy, where it's currently being factory wiped and being brung back to me back at mint condition. Usually the process would take 4 days, but because my gamers republic laptop is very fast, that wait time is cut in half; my computer will be ready for pickup on monday. Unfortunately, the best buy it's at is currently in staten island, and i'm over in Manhattan.. so dont expect for me to come back until...  hopefully next weekend.

So if you'll excuse me, I've got a school essay to get back to..
'Till then, stay tuned, and "Guard" on......

cuz rebels suck.

Haranu10101

STEAM_0:1:35422374
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • I like to collect nothing
    • View Profile
Re: My Whereabouts...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »
this story was wild from start to finish. Come back as soon as you can!

-W3E- Im Chuck

STEAM_0:0:189937086
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Im not very smart but... OK, that is all i got
    • View Profile
Re: My Whereabouts...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:00:30 pm »
Damn im glad you at least have warranty hope everything gets better when you get it back no mkre downloading random things anymore lol