War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: soups ideas to make vsh popular again trademark copyright patent pending  (Read 336 times)

soup

STEAM_0:1:56347651
    Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
this time capsule (for when dag finally reads this in 36 years) forum post is a collection of ideas for updates which i think would benefit vsh
i took these ideas from some older threads from people so i can bump them since i liked their ideas (credit to u lol)

ALL FURTHER SUGGESTIONS AND EDITS ARE DONE IN GREEN

feel free to post ur opinions and smash that like button

general updates:
a shop - similar to the deathrun shop, where tags are available and possibly hat effects and weapon colours, however im not entirely sure on the last two if there's anything better we could add, but i'm keen on tags since they'll keep players coming back so they can get that 10000 credit tag to flex to their mates. we could possibly have trails in the shop, but i'm not really one to give much opinion on this since i've always thought trails would be more for servers with bhop, so i found they'd be kind of irrelevant on vsh, but i don't really know much lol

credits - same as deathrun, stuff to get a larger multiplier often promotes the server, such as having -w3e- in ur name or just simply playing on the server for a longer period of time

new saxton hale model - just looks better in my opinion, it should freshen up the air a little bit

selectable bosses - so players don't have to play as bosses they don't like, so they won't suicide and complain, meaning everyone will be happier. there should certainly be a cooldown for people picking the special bosses, just don't include a cooldown for saxton since he's basically stock, like mystic said maybe if the same boss is picked 3 rounds in a row theres a cooldown of 5 rounds

class cap - specifically on scouts, engineers and pyros since too many (especially engineers lmao) can make winning impossible for hale (eg, scout 6, pyro 4, engineer 3 or 4, probably got this completely wrong so correct me lmao)

incentive to play hale - to further combat people suiciding as hale, and to encourage people to play hale a bit more and a bit more enthusiastically, credits should be awarded to hales based on their performance. one way to do this could be to get the reds to rate the hale after the game, but this could easily be abused by kids who accuse hale of 'noob rage' so hale would be unfairly rated a 1/10. this could be stopped by only letting say regulars or veterans vote, but that becomes a problem if none are present on the server. another way, and the way i personally support, would be to give hale an amount of credits based on how many reds he kills and how quickly he kills them.

in chat - the forums should be advertised with a message once every 10 minutes or so, so newer players can sign up and become more involved and active with the community, meaning they're more likely to return

also in chat - should be regular advertisement for a /help command, which leads the player to select what they want to know, including how to select hale, how to disable being hale, all about credits and the shop, how to toggle their preferences, the rules and links to the forums, alongside most if not all the commands they'll likely need to be aware of (i've probably not listed anything but if anyone else gets an idea let me know)

gameplay updates:
re add the pomson knockback (or just nerf it a little bit) and remove the knockback from force a nature - the pomson is very effective for an engineer when hes not near a sentry, but isn't too overpowered as hale can overcome it by superjumping. the knockback on fan needs removing because literally everybody complains about it, as its annoying for hale and it kills reds. scouts also have double jump and faster speed compared to an engineer, so i don't see why scouts can keep their knockback and engineers can't

dead ringer without kunai - quite often players seem confused when they die after having the deadringer equipped, so you have to carefully explain to them how they need to backstab hale first, which new players often struggle with anyway. i think the deadringer should be usable without having to use the kunai, but it shouldn't have any speed boost for balancing purposes (see mystics post for more ideas)

stock snipers rifles - should all have equal damage. whether it stays at 450 or it moves down to 150, damage should be equal. i don't think this was intentional in the first place

baby faces blaster - should be added, but speed should be gained at a slower rate and shouldn't become any faster than hale

christian brutal sniper - shouldn't be able to pick up sniper rifles since it can give the player an insane advantage over the reds, i don't think this was ever intentional in the first place

hale's weighdown - should have no knockback when hit by for example an airblast, since the point of it was to counter airblast as well as to descend quickly. this will provide more benefits for hale and give him a bit more balance when facing airblast pyros

loose cannon - needs nerfing, maybe greatly increase self inflicted damage to stop demos jumping away so frequently, maybe also remove double donk to balance the game out a bit more for hale

the cursed door of death on reservoir - the small building closest to red spawn has a doorway which is very difficult to walk through when walking into the building (the doorway facing the main building). idk if this is even fixable but it'd be nice if it was fixed since it gets players killed and generally having it fixed would probably make people happier

if you have any further ideas let me know and if i agree ill add them
also let me know what u think
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:05:19 pm by soup »

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: soups ideas to make vsh popular again trademark copyright patent pending
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:59:08 pm »
dead ringer without kunai - quite often players seem confused when they die after having the deadringer equipped, so you have to carefully explain to them how they need to backstab hale first, which new players often struggle with anyway. i think the deadringer should be usable without having to use the kunai, but it shouldn't have any speed boost for balancing purposes
when we made it so the dead ringer works, we lost the speedboost on normal cloak, i feel like the simplest solution would be to give every knife the effects of the connivers kunai, since there's no real incentive to use other knives, either this or just make it so normal cloak keeps the speedboost and deadringer doesnt have the speedboost but it does function

also if we're not giving every knife the effects of the kunai then we should atleast give people a reason to use the other knives, stock knife does increased damage im pretty sure, your eternal reward gets rid of decloak sound which in hindsight is really terrible since you can hear their footsteps, the big earner gives you a speedboost when you backstab but at the same time you can just cloak for the speedboost.

i feel like if we made the big earner give you maybe some sort of jump boost so that you can just barely jump over the hale with like a crouch jump or something which could be very interesting for trickstabbing. with 1200 - 1500 damage per backstab since you'll actually need to get the backstab before being able to do much.

if we gave the spycicle a similar effect to the razorback where if you get hit with your knife out you lose it, maybe for a minute (im not sure how long it takes to respawn normally) since this is quite overpowered it should take a bit longer which should result in far less damage for the spy. ofcourse with 1200 - 1500 damage per backstab since you're bound to lose your knife pretty often

give the your eternal reward/Wanga prick silent footsteps, cloak and decloak sound, you can get one shot by the hale no matter what so i feel like the current effects of the YEW should have a buff. ofcourse with roughly 800 - 1000 damage per backstab

and stock knife and all its reskins we can keep as is i feel like, since there's no real special ability it has then i feel like it should do 1800 - 2000 dmg per backstab (which i think it already does except for the reskins maybe)

As for scout, get rid of the force-a-nature, please, im begging you.

selectable bosses sounds cool but at the same time i feel like everyone would go christian brutal sniper because it can pick up sniper rifles and has a long range option, so i feel like it should have a certain cooldown of being able to choose the same hale or something, lets say if 3 people choose the christian brutal sniper in like 8 rounds then it should get a cooldown of 5 rounds? i feel like that should be reasonable, this goes for every hale i guess also rip the HHH then, let people choose their hale of choice right after their told that they are the next hale.

ive been asking for a shop for a year or two or even three now, i would suggest going for the NEW, NEW+, REG, VET, VET1, VET2 etc titles again since the community has actually lost most of its toxicity and i feel like they're open for changes, with this should come titles in the shop that you can buy, maybe give people the option to buy trails however i feel like trails could have an advantage when trying to mindgame the hale, especially as spy or demoknight but thats up for debate. maybe we could add buyable chat colors, but only ones that are similar to white so that vip still feels like it has value while giving variety to the others. skins i would say is a no-go.

Maybe add a auto-message that send every 30 minutes reminding people they can go to prefs or the store if we ever get one. we could also add your "preferred hale" as an option in the /prefs menu.

probably nerf the loch n load or whatever its called, the demo weapon that can double donk, i personally think it should be banned since it can literally deny the hale any chance to come close if you have decent aim and are used to the weapon and its trajectory pathing. it could also be used to jump away from the hale, so if you already have a shield that can take a hit, can deny the hale to get close, and when he does get close you can jump away and to top that off you can get above 200 hp so you can survive one more hit, its quite unfair imo. if people claim that the same could be said for spy im inclined to disagree, you lose your hp at a rapid pace and you only have the cloak to get away which gives a speedboost.

give people an incentive to play hale, lots of people would rather get halebanned than be forced to play hale, lets say a poll comes up at the end of the match where you can vote whether the hale was playing good or not maybe based on that the hale could get extra credits? idk it could easily be abused but there's merit to it i feel like.

make the sandman bonk the hale again please, i need this in my life, the speed debuff isnt enough to stop the hale in its tracks, quite often the hale still catches up with me when i hit him with the sandman.

if the hale uses weighdown please make him negate all knockback, too often have i been airblasted away by some pyro even after using weighdown which is supposed to stop knockback, a decent pyro is already almost untouchable especially for the i would like to say casuals, even i, who has played since 2011 and am still playing have a hard time with pyro's that keep knocking me back, its come to the point where if im hale, 3 or 4 people always go pyro on the enemy team because its one of the only ways to stop me. that being said, a very well timed weighdown could do the trick but at the same time you can still be airblasted out of the pyro's range if said pyro has quick enough reflexes.

i feel like all these ideas are atleast reasonable at best. feel free to let me know what u think about them also dag when you're finally reading this in 36 years, please add these asap k thanks :P

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »
updated with ur ideas

Nagito

STEAM_0:1:81568926
    Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 06:13:30 pm »
Dude why can't dag just let you run the VSH side of things lol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 06:21:55 pm by Shuichi »

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 06:19:07 pm »

my god u know how 2 flatter me lmao no homo

i just have an idea of what we need to be popular again i think lmao
its whether dag will actually implement this in 36 years or not which'll make the difference

Mystic

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 06:25:22 pm »

my god u know how 2 flatter me lmao no homo

i just have an idea of what we need to be popular again i think lmao
its whether dag will actually implement this in 36 years or not which'll make the difference
haha he was clearly talking about me  ^-^

xd lol lmao i want die

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 06:28:57 pm »
haha he was clearly talking about me  ^-^

xd lol lmao i want die

we should also have an update where mystic gets more power and ultimate head admin title!
be happy sir

Auxi

STEAM_0:0:47735211
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:41:42 pm »
Well i've got one thing to say, about the Force a Nature, there's a chance that the scout maining it and player using it for fun leave because of that nerf, and losing player isn't great.

But keeping it will make hale players annoyed, so the best would be a slight nerf, making the knockback less stronger.

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 04:10:20 pm »
there's a chance that the scout maining it and player using it for fun leave because of that nerf, and losing player isn't great.

i disagree that any players would leave if the knockback was removed since its a much smaller feature
if anything i think players would be more likely to stay around since there wont be as much toxicity in the chat with people either insulting the scout or calling the hale shit when he rages the scout

Car Loss

STEAM_0:1:149557991
    Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 11:59:38 am »
Those are some good ideas mr soup. We should definately have those. Dag if you see this pleaaaasee, we kind of need it.

Mystic

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:44 pm »
Those are some good ideas mr soup. We should definately have those. Dag if you see this pleaaaasee, we kind of need it.
in time, this is a time capsule remember, dag will see this shit in 36 years

drangia!

STEAM_0:0:239135698
    Steam Verified!
  • I hate flexing, but I can't help It.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 12:59:15 pm »
I would like to see Dag get managers/head admins for all the servers. But it seems like he doesn't have the incentive to do so, as he spends his spare time on himself.
December 29 2017 - Jan 4 2019 :)

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile

Car Loss

STEAM_0:1:149557991
    Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
in time, this is a time capsule remember, dag will see this shit in 36 years

shite

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile

if you or soup are capable of implementing these changes yourselves i'll gladly give you the access to do so

soup

Steam Verified!
  • Mudd Moderator
    • View Profile
no idea how
but i gladly would if i knew lmao

Last Lost Loose Brother

STEAM_0:0:58639399
    Steam Verified!
    • View Profile
Well increase self damage for loose cannon that it takes 80-90% of the health from demo per jump so he can only jump once. Second solution would be that loose cannon does 180 self dmg so demos have to be really cautious while jumping

As for double donking Mystic stated that quite well but I would like to add that loose cannon does only 50dmg if it is not a double donk and even if it is a double donk it will not surpass the dmg output of other demo primaries.

Removing minicrits from loose cannon would reduce the knockback. Another way to make it more balanced would be that knockback is only caused by double donks which would make it significantly harder to knock hale back which also would rise the skill ceiling.