War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Terrible Wardens  (Read 522 times)

ari

STEAM_0:1:166576239
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Injecting myself for boobs in 4 months :ok_hand:
    • View Profile
Terrible Wardens
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:34:22 am »
Almost every day I see a warden who is a new. It becomes pretty obvious they haven't read the rules and pretty soon they start doing things such as saying lava day or out of cell rebel day. Many of them do not know guiding lights exist and when told to use them they will ignore the person telling them so. According to the rules, "Incompetent BLUs and Wardens can be team banned at Staff's discretion and without warning. If you are NEW, please only play on the RED team (type !red into chat to modify team preference)". So why are they even allowed to go on it, or at least when they do why aren't they warned by a mod?

Tomi

STEAM_0:1:480295208
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Hewwo! ❤︎
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Wardens
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:16:47 am »
I propose maybe that a player must be a Regular (At least 15 hours) to be able to join blue. I'm highly aware of New players going on blue and I tell them constantly to change team, but it doesn't usually have effect.

I'll let other people give their opinions on this ^3^

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 02:53:01 pm »
+1
the last thing a "friendly" jb server should be doing is gatekeeping

as annoying as it is when a baby warden tries to run cell wars i wouldnt go as far as to call that incomp, thats more like they spent the first 2 and half minutes making reds line shoulder to shoulder or some garbage and then wonder why they ran out of time
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Philippians 4:6 NLT

purple

STEAM_0:1:60726659
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • my favorite color is orange
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 04:37:11 pm »

as annoying as it is when a baby warden tries to run cell wars i wouldnt go as far as to call that incomp, thats more like they spent the first 2 and half minutes making reds line shoulder to shoulder or some garbage and then wonder why they ran out of time
yes fucking yes
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

ari

STEAM_0:1:166576239
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Injecting myself for boobs in 4 months :ok_hand:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:43:13 pm »
Though Jerry has a good point, a 15 hour blue lock would have more benefits. Freekilling would likely go down a lot because many free killers I see are news. If they have been playing a server for 15 hours they would be much less likely to freekill on purpose. Kind of off the original topic but still a thought.

Lemon

STEAM_0:1:52599335
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Ability is nothing without opportunity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 08:59:02 pm »
I think a 15-hour blue lock would be too long, maybe 5 or 7 hours would be better

edit: forget what I said here
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:00:18 am by Lemon »

Lemon

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 09:00:40 pm »
+1

yes fucking yes

-W3E- Krabby Patty

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 09:41:49 pm »
I think a 15-hour blue lock would be too long, maybe 5 or 7 hours would be better

I was thinking maybe new+

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • cohost of the 『Podcast Crusaders』
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 11:58:46 pm »

yes lets lock ppl out of half of jailbreak so they leave to play a server where they CAN be blue

purple

STEAM_0:1:60726659
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • my favorite color is orange
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 12:29:51 am »
sometimes new players who want to be warden juat have to deal with being terrible sometimes, and you gotta deal with it too. they eventually learn, it just takes time
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

-W3E- Krabby Patty

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 12:34:57 am »

yes lets lock ppl out of half of jailbreak so they leave to play a server where they CAN be blue

Well a lot of them leave when they get banned so it's almost the same.

Denzel Crocker

STEAM_0:0:92489102
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • (insert rambling about fairies here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:56 am »
at the very least imo they should at least read all the rules before going BLU. we could maybe add sometime that requires they read the rules before going on blu.

Jerry

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:06 am »

Well a lot of them leave when they get banned so it's almost the same.

I dont mind losing the ones who immediately leave after getting banned, they probably arent that much fun to play with lol
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Lemon

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 10:58:36 am »
+1
sometimes new players who want to be warden just have to deal with being terrible sometimes, and you gotta deal with it too. they eventually learn, it just takes time
purple is right
You should let them become warden and if they need help just help them
explain to them how the Warden menu works
and so on

Jerry

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 12:03:36 pm »
+1
sometimes new players who want to be warden just have to deal with being terrible sometimes, and you gotta deal with it too. they eventually learn, it just takes time
purple is right
You should let them become warden and if they need help just help them
explain to them how the Warden menu works
and so on

i made this gem a lil why ago, i think its still up-to-date, good souce to link for baby wardens shameless self promo over

http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/topic,17766.0.html

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 11:31:05 am »
+2
i think it's best to try to help new wardens with specific advice as they go (telling them to read the rules is generally wasted effort, there's too many and aint nobody got time for that)

if they really mess up the round and don't listen to the guidance provided from regulars then hopefully there's someone else on the warden list that can be voted for instead

i think more often than not blindly telling the new players to 'read the rules' is undesired. much better to help them with the specifics and try to make their rounds successful (with the added bonus of making it more likely they'll stick around)