War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: ima get real with yall for a second  (Read 753 times)

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
    • View Profile
ima get real with yall for a second
« on: August 13, 2019, 08:42:40 am »
These are true events happening in my life right now, some of you may already know bc ive talked at length abt it in chucks' discord

In late june, my little 18y/o sister had a seizure. It was completely outta left field, no prior history, no relatives who got them, nothin. thats spoopms but shes taking kepra and she'll be fine, thats not the point im talking on. We had rushed her to the hospital and did a CT scan and the doctors found a tumor resting in between her skull and her brain. They told us it was benign, aka non-cancerous, and that it had probably been there for years. Regardless, we decided to have it removed and so at the end of July she went under for surgery.

The doctors opened her head up and the tumor was actually on her brain, and was still malignant.

They told us it was probably stage 1 cancer, maybe stage 2. She went in for MRI's and other testing locally and up to the University of Michigan and lo and behold, its actually stage 3

Since then we've learned its called anaplastic ganglioglioma. She is due for 6 weeks of radiation therapy and chemotherapy mix, tho we dont think her hair is going to fall out or anything severe like that which is nice.

As you can imagine, this has put quite an emotional strain on our family. There have been at least 2 arguments about fuck all that im aware of.

For my own sanity, I haven't looked up anaplastic ganglioglioma past how to spell it because I don't want to know survival rates and shit like that in case i hella nae nae myself

W3E,among other things, is lowkey acting as an escape for me rn from the emotional stress, but obvs I dont think ive been in the best mood when ive been on, and thats why. This is why when I joined last night i auto local-muted nymphie because I knew he had just been disciplined and was Not HappyTM and i am not equipped or prepared to deal with that shitstorm. So if i've come off as rude or otherwise disrespectful im sorry.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:45:02 am by Jerry »
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Philippians 4:6 NLT

Clock-Toc

STEAM_0:1:210968008
    Steam Verified!
  • Oops
    • View Profile
Re: ima get real with yall for a second
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:44:42 am »
While I cannot fully relate to this situation you are in, I and everyone else are completely understanding. I hope everything turns out all alright, Jerry.
"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." - Desmond Tutu

Haranu

STEAM_0:0:455761827
    Steam Verified!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Intellectual
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:51:07 am »
I hope everything will go well for your family.

purple

STEAM_0:1:60726659
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • my favorite color is orange
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:27:09 am »
Jerry, I wish that no one had to go through the shit that life brings sometimes, it is just so unfair that this happens to people who dob't deserve it. People don't deserve to die, ever, not until it's time to give it up from age. But people end up dying early, losing everything, and leaving others to mourne the loss of that person.

Do everything you can to make the moments with your loved ones special, because you never know what is going to happen. But it hasn't happened yet, so fight for your sister, don't let her leave your grasp.

We are here for you, even if we are online and you can't see us, we are humans with the same compassion as you, so we are here for you.

Best wishes Jerry, stay strong, please.
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:42:50 am »
I fully understand how you feel, as i just said in my own discord, im going through something myself atm and its hard staying positive, i already knew what it was before i had a doctor confirm it today so my sliver of hope of it being something else less bad is gone, as of late ive just been laying in bed watching youtube or something while being pretty depressed about it. So we're somewhat in the same boat

Glimmadora

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 01:09:15 pm »
I'm very sorry Jerry, I hope everything does alright.