War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Discussion about community members not swapping BLU when Warden/Guards are struggling  (Read 313 times)

-W3E- sPoOkY 『Coin』

STEAM_0:1:197891657
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • -rep
    • View Profile
Staff member sitting on red 24/7 and not helping the warden when needed

EDIT by Dagothur: this thread was split out of the following origin thread: http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/topic,34663.0.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:29:31 pm by Dagothur »

Dagothur

STEAM_0:0:5027348
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile

any suggestions on how to fix this?

-W3E- sPoOkY 『Coin』

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • -rep
    • View Profile

any suggestions on how to fix this?
It’s already says when you become staff that you should avoid rebelling when ever possible but when it’s staff member cause mass rebel round ever round it kind of making people not want to play blue

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • cohost of the 『Podcast Crusaders』
    • View Profile
discourage staff from rebelling every round to avoid ppl leaving

Dagothur

Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile

i'm looking for specific suggestions. i'm pretty sure all of the staff already know it's expected of them to swap blue and help out

Ryisha

STEAM_0:1:119579825
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Mystic and zuchon are my trophy waifus
    • View Profile

i'm looking for specific suggestions. i'm pretty sure all of the staff already know it's expected of them to swap blue and help out
Enforce this with demotion or add a auto swap feature so it's not 3 v 21
And possible add another mass shapeshift so we get 3 instead of 2

Tell me again, little Lamb, which things are ours to take?"
"All things, dear Wolf."

Denzel Crocker

STEAM_0:0:92489102
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • (insert rambling about fairies here)
    • View Profile

would at least going into the warden vote via typing /w to show you want to be warden be enough?
rynn imo you're being kinda harsh don't ya think, i mean JUST not going on BLU often shouldn't be grounds for demotion
i'd just recommend an auto-swap feature where staff have a higher chance of being autoswapped to BLU than non-staff
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:11:48 pm by Denzel Crocker »

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile

would at least going into the warden vote via typing /w to show you want to be warden be enough?
rynn imo you're being kinda harsh don't ya think, i mean JUST not going on BLU often shouldn't be grounds for demotion
i'd just recommend an auto-swap feature where staff have a higher chance of being autoswapped to BLU than non-staff
after staff it should prioritize those with a lot of hours on the server

im still of the notion that staff should decide themselves whether or not they teamswitch to help out blue, in some cases its not even necessary since 3 or 4 people could be adequately enough
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:18:01 pm by Mystic »

Yass

STEAM_0:0:131795318
    Steam Verified!
  • Naughty.
    • View Profile

for motivation I'd say base it on so called 'strikes'. Each strike is weighted on its amount. So let's say that you catch me rebelling a lot instead of balancing the game out which would be helping on blu. If this is true, then I should receive a warning. Strikes are only given by Dagothur, Catfish, Phobos or Sebby (obviously). And they should be given when it really gets out of hand. We could say that f.e 5 strikes makes demotion, but that's just my suggestion. And the amount of these so called 'strikes' are out of my hands...

It's alright to find this suggestion stupid, it's just an idea.

-W3E- Krabby Patty

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile

for motivation I'd say base it on so called 'strikes'. Each strike is weighted on its amount. So let's say that you catch me rebelling a lot instead of balancing the game out which would be helping on blu. If this is true, then I should receive a warning. Strikes are only given by Dagothur, Catfish, Phobos or Sebby (obviously). And they should be given when it really gets out of hand. We could say that f.e 5 strikes makes demotion, but that's just my suggestion. And the amount of these so called 'strikes' are out of my hands...

It's alright to find this suggestion stupid, it's just an idea.

That's just kinda weird ngl

Dagothur

Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
Shadow and I discovered that the introduction post for Mods doesn't have any specific language about staff swapping to blue when it's needed. So I've changed this blurb

-Although rebelling is definitely a part of the Jailbreak experience, preying on weak Wardens and rebelling every round will hurt the server and is counter productive to growing and maintaining an enjoyable community. (There are other jailbreaks which aren't ours where this playstyle is more appropriate ... for example the ones where guards get permanent crits and REDs are insta-KoSed for the slightest of mistakes/detours/delays/etc.).

To this:

-Although rebelling and playing RED is definitely a part of the Jailbreak experience, preying on weak Wardens, rebelling every round and staying on RED when BLU is struggling (and needs help) will hurt the server and is counter productive to growing and maintaining an enjoyable community. (There are other jailbreaks which aren't ours where this playstyle is more appropriate ... for example the ones where guards get permanent crits and REDs are insta-KoSed for the slightest of mistakes/detours/delays/etc.).

Dagothur

Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
I split this topic out from the main thread so that the other can get back on topic and this one can continue to be discussed here.

Horrifying Haranu

STEAM_0:0:455761827
    Steam Verified!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Intellectual
    • View Profile
I think then head admins should put together a list of behavior staff should abide by. (when is the threshold for not respawning at beginning of round for example) Even if it seems like common sense mostly actual written rules for staff would be a good thing.

-W3E- sPoOkY 『Coin』

Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • -rep
    • View Profile
Rules for staff member to follow as we have  rules for players to follow

Ryisha

STEAM_0:1:119579825
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Mystic and zuchon are my trophy waifus
    • View Profile
I think then head admins should put together a list of behavior staff should abide by. (when is the threshold for not respawning at beginning of round for example) Even if it seems like common sense mostly actual written rules for staff would be a good thing.
I agree with this giving staff specific rules and does and don'ts would improve the community in a way and incase we see staff do stuff that doesn't look or sound right a way to report it

Tell me again, little Lamb, which things are ours to take?"
"All things, dear Wolf."

Sebby

STEAM_0:1:68829156
    Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
  • Making Hell's my trophy wife since 2015
    • View Profile
You could make a plugin in which staff members can force themselves as a guard ignoring the requirement for hire guard. Or you could make a more aggressive plugin in which if the ratio between blue and red become lower than a certain threshold (1:3) it forces active staff to blue without the need for the warden to hire guards.

FUCKING DUEESJRRIPRORJWOWGHRIGIFBEIS

Dagothur

Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile

Rules for staff member to follow as we have  rules for players to follow

I agree with this giving staff specific rules and does and don'ts would improve the community in a way and incase we see staff do stuff that doesn't look or sound right a way to report it

Can be continued here: "Jailbreak Staff Guidelines to Follow" http://war3evo.info/forums/index.php/topic,34681.0.html

Dagothur

Steam Verified!
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
You could make a plugin in which staff members can force themselves as a guard ignoring the requirement for hire guard. Or you could make a more aggressive plugin in which if the ratio between blue and red become lower than a certain threshold (1:3) it forces active staff to blue without the need for the warden to hire guards.

Sebby's idea got a few upvotes. Which parts did you guys like?

- Both?
- Staff can hire themselves onto RED without the Warden triggering a hire?
- Auto balancing staff to RED if the ratio is very bad?

Lemon

STEAM_0:1:52599335
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Ability is nothing without opportunity.
    • View Profile

- Both?
I like both ideas

Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
    • View Profile
I very much like the idea of staff being able to choose if they want to play on blue

Goku

STEAM_0:0:207042540
    Steam Verified!
  • Work hard! Study well! And eat and sleep plenty
    • View Profile

- Both?
I don't know how I feel about auto-balancing staff
But I like the idea of how staff can hire themselves.

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • cohost of the 『Podcast Crusaders』
    • View Profile

- Both?
staff can already hire themselves with /teamswitch and /wrespawn consecutively

Jerry

STEAM_0:1:87082801
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Someone buy me Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
    • View Profile

- Both?
staff can already hire themselves with /teamswitch and /wrespawn consecutively

maybe so but it would be a good QoL change to just be able to do /joinblue or something like that
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Philippians 4:6 NLT