War3Evo Donations

* War3Evo Message of the Day

Author Topic: Jailbreaks Biggest Issue and Goats Perfect Guide to Solving it (TM)  (Read 1074 times)

Goat

STEAM_0:1:106162503
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not a furry I swear
    • View Profile
+1
Nobody plays jailbreak on weekdays lol

The main reason for this, and I think we all can agree on this, jailbreaks main demographic (Of players who regular the server at least) are high school teens, who usually have plans after they come home from school. This means, that on most weekdays, people are naturally going to have better things to do than play jailbreak, also meaning that there isn't going to be a reliable warden on weekdays 90% of the time. And while this isn't in itself a bad thing, I think that the unreliability of jailbreak server activity in recent times has been causing a lot of people to stop playing, and if not completely, play a lot less than they used to. (Think Chuck, Shadow, Squash, even Dagothur to some extent) and I'm kind of thinking that because of TF2s declining popularity as a whole, this is going to inevitably lead to the death of the server. That is unless you all listen to me, because I know what's hip with the kids.

Idea Number One: Giving More Kids Moderator Status
This might seem like a dogshit idea on the surface, but I'm thinking that if we gave more of an incentive for kids to play on the server, then there would actually be recognizable people on the server on weekdays, so if we get more fetuses playing as a mod, (Such as bamboo) we might be able to have more people who have the freetime to play as warden.
Idea Number Two: Randomization and Deputization
I think that we should create an automated warden system. What I mean by this, is we should create a system that if there is no warden, and only players with no mic on the server, the server automatically orders the reds to go to a minigame. HOWEVER, for this to work, a player (at least ranked vet) must type !d in chat to become the deputy. This allows them to press buttons that non-warden players would otherwise not be capable of pressing. In essence, this would be a system where a no mic player is essentially the warden, but the orders are automated and placed on the screen rather than them giving the orders themselves. (Note: the deputy menu would be optimized very simplistically, this is what I have in mind:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Open Cells
2: Close Cells
3: Give Random Minigame Order (Places guiding lights automatically)
4: Give Random Minigame Order -4 reds or less- (Places teleporter automatically, and would not include minigames that require an even amount of reds)
5: Give Random Minigame Order -2 reds- (Places teleporter automatically, includes minigames that require an even amount of reds)
6: Rock paper scissors Order
(Voting minigames aren't included)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idea Number Three: Run Random LRs Instead of Free Day When There's No Warden
Free day sucks ass
This is self-explanatory pretty much
TL;DR I'm stupid and bored at 12 o'clock and in the middle of an exhaustion fueled rambling session.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:39:37 pm by Goat »
Oh nvm they unbanned me

『Crusader』

STEAM_0:1:46933039
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • it's『useless useless useless』
    • View Profile
Re: Jailbreaks Biggest Issue and Goats Perfect Guide to Solving it (TM)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 02:57:52 am »
wow this is actually really good

i like the idea of an automated warden, that sounds super cool

but if thats too hard to implement then random LRs playing also sounds like fun

Haranu

STEAM_0:0:455761827
    Steam Verified!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Intellectual
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:01:27 am »
Deputy should have a command to mark reds as rebels (separate from the beacon I think) to the warden bot so when a tele is put up the bot isn't considering the reds who rebelled.

❧❤♥Brenita♥❤

STEAM_0:1:99796503
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • What do you mean I can't mass strange farm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 10:29:45 am »
Deputy should have a command to mark reds as rebels (separate from the beacon I think) to the warden bot so when a tele is put up the bot isn't considering the reds who rebelled.

But there wouldn’t be a bot

Goat

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not a furry I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 10:56:14 am »

Ben, your dumby head is showing. What they mean is they want there to be some kind of way for teleporters to exclude rebelling reds from entering.
Oh nvm they unbanned me

Phobos

STEAM_0:1:69337963
    Steam Verified!
  • What is this I don't even...
  • Head Admin
  • Knee-Deep in the Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 01:21:16 pm »
+1
An idea i had awhile back was just to allow wardens to use text chat if they don't have a mic and if the server population was <10, probably be easier to implement than automated warden.

Goat

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not a furry I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 01:42:06 pm »
+2
An idea i had awhile back was just to allow wardens to use text chat if they don't have a mic and if the server population was <10, probably be easier to implement than automated warden.
Goddamn it Phobos, I had people calling me smart for once, and you just had to come in and make things all simplistic.
But in all seriousness, I think my idea would make the experience more enjoyable overall, because not only would the rounds be much faster, but also people without microphones are typically children, so I think it would be helpful for there to be a more intuitive way of playing warden for no mic players.

Then again i have no idea how the who implementation process works so im a moron.

Edit: I didn't even think of this when I was writing this either, but opening a warden menu is already a huge moment of vulnerability for the warden, (And I have the right to say this because im an expert at dying as warden) encouraging wardens to type in chat would make it so that reds would probably target them within that moment of vulnerability.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 02:04:11 pm by Goat »
Oh nvm they unbanned me

NY | Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 02:30:29 pm »
I do think having random LR's play instead of freeday would be way more enjoyable, i also dont mind having a warden without a mic select a random minigame, i think it would indeed bring back players who dont have a mic or dont want to play warden, it also ensures that players stick around for longer after the last person with a mic leaves the server leaving 7 players without a mic to play a couple freedays before they themselves leave

❧❤♥Brenita♥❤

STEAM_0:1:99796503
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • What do you mean I can't mass strange farm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:49:16 pm »

Ben, your dumby head is showing. What they mean is they want there to be some kind of way for teleporters to exclude rebelling reds from entering.

There is litterally no point in denying rebellers access to warden teles. Using one is already a gamble for them with the brief moment of inability to attack

Goat

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not a furry I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 04:47:03 pm »

There is litterally no point in denying rebellers access to warden teles. Using one is already a gamble for them with the brief moment of inability to attack
Tbh yeah that was a pretty strange idea to begin with
Oh nvm they unbanned me

Haranu

STEAM_0:0:455761827
    Steam Verified!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Intellectual
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 05:29:18 pm »

Tbh yeah that was a pretty strange idea to begin with
I wasn't saying either of those things. I actually just misunderstood the original post and thought that the deputy menu wouldn't allow you to do like rps if it detected 3 living reds.

Sparkles

STEAM_0:1:90615157
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • Imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 05:31:13 pm »
I am really liking the idea of lrs running instead of a free day.  They are boring so if we played some random wd lr it would be a fun experience.  It could also give you a lot of practice.  However your giving more people mod thing isn't the best idea.  People need to prove themself worthy of being a staff.  I have no thoughts on the automatic warden system.

Bamboo

STEAM_0:0:90982754
    Steam Verified!
  • Admin
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 07:49:26 pm »
so if we get more fetuses playing as a mod, (Such as bamboo)
> : C
ye i like this idea good job goat

T

STEAM_0:0:207042540
    Steam Verified!
  • Work hard! Study well! And eat and sleep plenty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 09:29:03 pm »
Nobody plays jailbreak on weekdays lol

The main reason for this, and I think we all can agree on this, jailbreaks main demographic (Of players who regular the server at least) are high school teens, who usually have plans after they come home from school. This means, that on most weekdays, people are naturally going to have better things to do than play jailbreak, also meaning that there isn't going to be a reliable warden on weekdays 90% of the time. And while this isn't in itself a bad thing, I think that the unreliability of jailbreak server activity in recent times has been causing a lot of people to stop playing, and if not completely, play a lot less than they used to. (Think Chuck, Shadow, Squash, even Dagothur to some extent) and I'm kind of thinking that because of TF2s declining popularity as a whole, this is going to inevitably lead to the death of the server. That is unless you all listen to me, because I know what's hip with the kids.

Idea Number One: Giving More Kids Moderator Status
This might seem like a dogshit idea on the surface, but I'm thinking that if we gave more of an incentive for kids to play on the server, then there would actually be recognizable people on the server on weekdays, so if we get more fetuses playing as a mod, (Such as bamboo) we might be able to have more people who have the freetime to play as warden.
Idea Number Two: Randomization and Deputization
I think that we should create an automated warden system. What I mean by this, is we should create a system that if there is no warden, and only players with no mic on the server, the server automatically orders the reds to go to a minigame. HOWEVER, for this to work, a player (at least ranked vet) must type !d in chat to become the deputy. This allows them to press buttons that non-warden players would otherwise not be capable of pressing. In essence, this would be a system where a no mic player is essentially the warden, but the orders are automated and placed on the screen rather than them giving the orders themselves. (Note: the deputy menu would be optimized very simplistically, this is what I have in mind:)
1: Open Cells
2: Close Cells
3: Give Random Minigame Order (Places guiding lights automatically)
4: Give Random Minigame Order -4 reds or less- (Places teleporter automatically, and would not include minigames that require an even amount of reds)
5: Give Random Minigame Order -2 reds- (Places teleporter automatically, includes minigames that require an even amount of reds)
6: Rock paper scissors Order
(Voting minigames aren't included)
Idea Number Three: Run Random LRs Instead of Free Day When There's No Warden
Free day sucks ass
This is self-explanatory pretty much
TL;DR I'm stupid and bored at 12 o'clock and in the middle of an exhaustion fueled rambling session.
I actually wrote all this and i deserve all the credit. jk, it's a good idea.

Disappointment

STEAM_0:1:119579825
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Mystic and zuchon are my trophy waifus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 11:11:19 pm »
Sounds like alot of coding that just most likely wont solve the problem.

Tell me again, little Lamb, which things are ours to take?"
"All things, dear Wolf."

Goat

Steam Verified!
  • VIP
  • Im not a furry I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 11:56:47 pm »
>add the ability for players to become deputy
>add three new commands that envolve putting text on screen and placing teleports/guiding lights
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:58:36 pm by Goat »
Oh nvm they unbanned me

NY | Mystic

STEAM_0:1:61091861
    Steam Verified!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 12:03:05 am »
there's already a randomizer feature which is used for random lr etc, im pretty sure you could code it so it picks a random lr instead of a random player correct me if im wrong